Empower Charter School has an immediate need for Spanish Immersion teachers!
Empower Charter School accepts applications on an ongoing basis .
At our school, you can expect to:
- Work with (not just for) a principal who embraces leadership from the classroom
- Teach in a school where your pedagogical expertise is valued (i.e. no scripted curriculum)
- Be provided with the resources you need to teach effectively
- Serve with other teachers who share your values and are “kindred spirits”
- Have time to collaborate with colleagues – teaching is a team sport
Click here to view available jobs on the EdJoin website.
We will accept applications until positions are filled and encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Questions may be submitted via email: email@example.com
Overview of Hiring Process
- Submit a complete application via the EdJoin website. Applications are not accepted via mail or fax.
- Applications are accepted until positions are filled.
- You will be contacted if your application is being considered for the next round of the hiring process.
- Phone Interview
- Individual Interview
- Demonstration lesson
Teachers: Interested in working with like-minded professionals that focus on teaching over-testing?
Parents: Interested to know what Empower Charter School is looking for in qualified educators?
Check out our qualifications to join our team:
Teachers at ECS will be expected to be collaborative team players and should be open to reflecting on teaching practices for continual improvement. Teachers should demonstrate knowledge of how to engage and support all learners through inquiry and differentiated instruction. ECS teachers are expected to communicate often and effectively with students and parents. Teachers in the Spanish Immersion Program should have experience with bilingual and/or bicultural experiences, and all teachers should possess core values of respect and appreciation for all races and cultures.
Core Competencies of Teachers:
- Knowledge of standards-based instruction, ability to align curriculum and standards to student needs.
- Willingness to adopt assessment practices that can be used in standards-based evaluation of student learning.
- Knowledge of student assessment and the ability to use data to inform teaching practices.
- Ability to effectively use a broad range of instructional designs, instructional strategies, teaching the curriculum with fidelity, providing a flexibly paced coherent curriculum, establish challenging standard-based goals and effective student feedback.
- Demonstrated competence using advanced technology skills as an integrated learning tool.
- Effective classroom management skills that contribute to student collaboration.
- Build student independence and active engagement.
- Adherence to the ECS mission and belief that all students can learn and successfully master the content standards necessary for post-elementary education.
- Willingness to work as a vital part of the ECS team to ensure continuous improvement for students, staff and ECS community as a whole.
- Willingness and ability to work with students and parents on an ongoing basis to ensure student success.
- Love of students, enthusiasm for innovative teaching designs, instructional flexibility and the belief that all student can succeed.
- Desire and ability to engage in continuing research-based education dialogue, staff development and positive interactions within the established professional learning community.
- Positive references from most recent employment and/or college/graduate school.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Empower Language Academy recognizes the value of recruiting and retaining high quality bilingual educators, and as such offers teacher salaries competitive with the local district. All full-time employees are offered health benefits packages that include health insurance, vision, life, and dental plans. Certificated employees participate in the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) and classified employees are provided with 403b plan employer-sponsored contributions. Additionally our teachers benefit from being provided preparation and planning time, professional development, and do not have recess duty placed upon them. All new teachers participate in an Empower-sponsored induction program (BTSA) and all teachers receive supportive coaching from our Assistant Principal, so they get coaching/mentoring from a separate person and not the staff person who conducts their evaluations.