Empower Language Academy is seeking qualified and passionate Spanish Immersion teachers!
Grow as an educator in our multicultural community that is built on collaboration, encouragement, and connection. We are always accepting applications and keep our jobs page updated with any open positions.
Empower Language Academy is a public charter school known for innovative two-way immersion education, a strong and supportive community, and a passion for teaching and learning. We are a community school and are proud to serve in a variety of meaningful ways. We were honored with the Charter Stars Community Impact Award and have proudly watched our students outperform their peers in a variety of measures.
We will accept applications until positions are filled and encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. We will even support bilingual teachers in obtaining their bilingual credential. New teachers don’t need to wait until they have their credential to apply – just let us know it’s being processed!
Questions may be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founding Teachers Ms Atencio & Ms Fletes receiving the Leadership in Biliteracy Award from the San Diego County Office of Education.
I’m a native Spanish speaker so the fact that Empower is a bilingual school demonstrates how much they care about their students. These students will benefit greatly from knowing a second language. I value people and places that do everything they can to help others grow.
The Empower Difference for Employees
We are a school that prepares all of our students for success. That starts with our staff and the culture we have created that brings different ideas to the table to do what is best for our students.
At our school you can expect to:
- Collaborate – We encourage leadership from the classroom to explore meaningful teaching and learning and rally together as a team.
- Personalize teaching – We value your expertise and encourage customization of lessons.
- Grow – We provide the resources you need to grow as an educator
Empower is so special because I know every adult on campus is caring and watching out for my students on any given day. It is a great place to teach because we approach our learning with curiosity and inquiry.
What We Expect
Teachers at Empower are encouraged to be collaborative team players who are open to reflecting on teaching practices for continual improvement and are expected to communicate often and effectively with students and parents. Teachers in the Spanish Immersion Program should have experience with bilingual and/or bicultural experiences, and all teachers should possess core values of respect and appreciation for all races and cultures.
Key traits of our teachers include:
- Willingness to adopt assessment practices that can be used in standards-based evaluation of student learning.
- Knowledge of student assessment and the ability to use data to inform teaching practices.
Connections and Encouragement
- Love of students, enthusiasm for innovative teaching designs, instructional flexibility and the belief that all students can succeed.
- Desire and ability to engage in continuing research-based education dialogue, staff development and positive interactions.
Trust and Autonomy
- Ability to effectively use a broad range of instructional designs, instructional strategies, teaching the curriculum with fidelity, providing a flexibly paced coherent curriculum, and establishing challenging standard-based goals and effective student feedback.
- Effective classroom management skills.
Collaboration and Continuous Improvement
- Willingness to work as a vital part of the Empower team to ensure continuous improvement for students, staff and school community as a whole.
- Willingness and ability to work with students and parents on an ongoing basis to ensure student success.
Working at Empower – Salary and Benefits
Empower Language Academy recognizes the value of recruiting and retaining high quality bilingual educators, and as such offers teacher salaries competitive with the local district. As a public charter school, we have a different environment than a large district school combined with excellent benefits.
- All full-time employees are offered health benefits packages that include health insurance, vision, life, and dental plans.
- Certified employees participate in the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) and classified employees are provided with 403b plan employer-sponsored contributions.
- We offer a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program to all employees and their household members (part-time and full-time).
- We host voluntary Employee Wellness Seminars for a variety of topics focused on personal and professional growth.
- Our teachers benefit from being provided preparation and planning time, professional development, and do not have recess duty placed upon them.
- All new teachers participate in an Empower-sponsored induction program (BTSA) and all teachers receive supportive coaching from our Assistant Principal, so they get coaching/mentoring from a separate person and not the staff person who conducts their evaluations.
View Salary Ranges here
Empower is a special place to teach because I believe it is helping students preserve the language of their families and allows students to learn a new language. It is a special place to learn because every day is different and I feel like I am always learning new things. Empower is a special place to grow because learning from my colleagues, the students and their families, allows me to grow as an educator.