As a parent, you’re probably already feeling the excitement and anxiety that comes with the new school year.
Here are some tips to help make sure you and your kids get off on the right foot to start out this exciting year:
- Start bedtime routines early. This will help you and your child settle into a regular sleep schedule, which will make mornings easier for everyone involved. This will also help to ensure everyone is well-rested and ready for the day!
- Turn off devices at least an hour before bedtime so that everyone is well-rested for the big day! Using devices before bed can impact sleep quality, so it is important to make sure to allow some time without technology.
- Get to school early on the first day so you can make sure everything is ready for the new school year. This will give you time to get settled in, learn your way around, as well as allow time to ask teachers any questions you might have!
- Point out all the positive aspects of starting school, like meeting new friends, learning new hobbies, and all the new possibilities while they’re still excited about it! Helping your child seek out the positive in situations will also help them in the future!
- Create a homework-friendly space in your home where your child can feel safe and unwind after school and do their best work without distractions—then congratulate your child when they finish their homework with time left over for playtime!
About Empower Language Academy
Empower Language Academy innovates in immersive dual language learning, fitness and technology to create global citizens. Our holistic approach to Spanish immersion empowers a generation of creative thinkers and effective communicators to lead healthy and fit lifestyles. Our tuition-free public charter school serving grades K-6 is a caring community; providing students from all backgrounds with an educational experience that honors multilingualism, critical thinking, and fitness. Join us in convenient Linda Vista. Enrolling now!