Founded by an engaged group of educators, parents, and members of the fitness community, Empower Language Academy, a free charter school, empowers the next generation of critical thinkers and effective communicators.
We believe that if bodies and minds are healthy — we all perform at our best. Renamed in 2020 to better illustrate our holistic Spanish immersion programming, here are the top 10 reasons to attend Empower Language Academy:
1. 80% of parents today want their children to learn a foreign language.Our innovative public charter school prepares children for the industries of the future by creating critical thinkers (inquiry-based instruction), effective communicators (writing-centered and collaborative learning) and global leaders (Spanish Immersion program).
2. Foreign language study promotes multicultural awareness and respect for diversity. Knowledge of a foreign language results in increased pay and job opportunities. Our 80/20 model of Spanish-to-English is used for Kindergarten and first grade levels. Each year after first grade, we add more English so students develop linguistically and academically in both languages.
3. Our innovative learning includes inquiry and project-based instruction. Writing, arts and technology are fully integrated into our curriculum. Our students learn a second language while young and their brains are prime for absorbing. Our collaborative learning encourages effective communication and our fitness-based programs enhance self-confidence, character education and goal setting.
4. Our tuition-free K-6 charter school hires bilingual teachers, credentialed to teach in both Spanish and English languages, so that our students truly engage in the interconnectedness of dual language learning and physical health.
5. Empower Language Academy is proud of our highly-effective fitness program. Thanks to abundant research showing a direct correlation between exercise and learning, our students partake in PE, recess and CrossFit kids as an integral part of their school day. We believe in teaching kids to explore their strength, aerobic and gymnastic abilities.
6. Effective July 1, 2020, we changed our school name to Empower Language Academy to reflect our identity as a language immersion school. Tuition-free Spanish immersion is the backbone or our engaging curriculum and we are excited for our school name to reflect this distinction!
7. We are centrally located in Linda Vista and accessible to families throughout San Diego county. Our caring school community provides students from all backgrounds a free educational experience that honors multilingualism, critical thinking, and fitness.
8. Empower Language Academy is growing tomorrow’s global leaders. To do this, we must of course embrace all that technology has to offer our K-6 students. Easy access to tablets and laptops for every student, plus blogs, virtual field trips and more allow us to globally connect our classrooms.
9. When you can write it, you KNOW it! Studies show that putting learning into writing results in a deeper understanding of the concept being taught. Empower students write daily across content areas to become powerful communicators. Our writing curriculum includes real-life audiences and purposes which makes it authentic to students.
10. Art is infused throughout our curriculum. Our students are poets, artists, musicians, and singers. Together, we learn about the cultures and countries of the world. Our Multicultural and Fitness Gala is the highlight of our school event calendar. Performances, music, poetry and regional cuisine round out the event.
About Empower Language Academy
Empower Language Academy innovates in immersive dual language learning, fitness and technology to create global citizens. Our holistic approach to Spanish immersion empowers a generation of creative thinkers and effective communicators to lead healthy and fit lifestyles. Our tuition-free public charter school serving grades K-6 is a caring community; providing students from all backgrounds with an educational experience that honors multilingualism, critical thinking, and fitness. Join us in convenient Linda Vista. Enrolling now!