We will empower a generation of creative thinkers and effective communicators who lead healthy and fit lifestyles.
Our caring school community will provide students from all backgrounds with an educational experience that honors multilingualism, critical thinking, and fitness. Our students will explore and question in a writing-centered, creative, and collaborative learning environment.
At Empower Charter School, students are empowered through:
- Inquiry and Project-Based Drives Instruction
- Arts infused into curriculum
- Easy Access to tablets and / or laptops (ultimate goal: 1:1 student to technology ratio)
- Students use blogs in a globally connected classroom, take virtual field trips
- Students create their own podcasts, videos to demonstrate their learning
Global Leadership: Spanish Immersion Program
- 80% of parents desire their children to learn a foreign language.
- Knowledge of a foreign language results in increased pay and job opportunities.
- Foreign language study promotes multicultural awareness and respect for diversity.
- Every young child has an inherent desire to communicate, and language introduction and acquisition will be facilitated in a positive and nurturing environment.
- An 80/20 model of Spanish to English will be used for the kindergarten and first grade levels. Each year after first grade more English will be added so students will develop linguistically and academically in both languages.
- Students will also be offered a non-immersion option, which includes a Spanish elective for parents who prefer this path to global leadership
Allocation of Instructional Time Per Grade Level
- Students write daily across content areas to become powerful communicators
- Writing includes real-life audiences and purposes which makes it authentic to students.
- When you can write it, you KNOW it! Studies show that putting our learning into writing results in a deeper understanding of the concept being taught.